- Many Aircrafts are now flying in the earth’s atmosphere,which belongs to many countries.
- Each and every aircraft’s enters the countries air space only with the proper Authorization.
- In that situation each and every country should easily identify the aircraft which enters their air space.
- So, these countries designators use to identify the Aircrafts to which country they belong to.
- Usually the designators constist of two or three alphabets to identify their countries.
COUNTRIES AND THEIR DESIGNATORS :
|United States of America||N|
ABOUT IATA AND ICAO:
- Codes are defined by both the International Civil Aviation Organization and International Air Transport Association(IATA).
- IATA codes are published in Appendix A of IATA’s Annual Standard Schedules Information Manual (SSIM) and are used for airline timetables and computer reservation systems.
- IATA designators are used to distinguish between aircraft types and variants that have differences from an airline commercial perspective (size, role, interior configuration, etc).
The code for Air India Boeing 747 is “VT E60” Which can be seen below the wing and starting of the emphenage.
The VT stands for India and the E60 for the type code
COUNTRIES AND THEIR DESIGNATED AIRCRAFTS:
List of aircraft registration prefixes:
|COUNTRY OF REGION||REGISTRATION|
|PRESENTATION AND NOTES|
|Anguilla||VP-A||VP-AAA to VP-AZZ|
|Antigua and Barbuda||V2||V2-AAA to V2-ZZZ. Colonial allocation Leeward Islands VP-L (was shared with the British Virgin Islands, and Saint Kitts and Nevis).|
|Argentina||LV||LV-AAA to LV-ZZZ (Civilian aircraft)|
|Armenia||EK||EK-10000 to EK-99999|
|Aruba||P4||P4-AAA to P4-ZZZ|
|Australia||VH||VH-AAA to VH-ZZZ. From 1921 to 1929 G-AU.|
|Austria||OE||OE-AAA to OE-KZZ OE-BAA to OE-BZZ (official use). Before 1939 A.|
|Azerbaijan||4K||4K-AZ1 to 4K-AZ999 4K-10000 to 4K-99999|
|Bahamas||C6||C6-AAA to C6-ZZZ. Colonial allocation VP-B.|
|Bahrain||A9C||A9C-AA to A9C-ZZ A9C-AAA to A9C-ZZZ|
For more such details of 195 countries all over the world.. please do refer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_registration_prefixes
Thank you . For more such blogs please do follow our upcoming posts about world’s eminent Aircrafts. And also your valuable suggestions and comments are welcomed with pleasure. 🙂 AEROTECH4U